Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

Hey everybody! I am full of thanks today. Steve and I left after church on Sunday to spend the week with his family. It was unplanned. We had actually intended to spend the holiday at home baking our own turkey and Steve's famous crescent rolls. Last week, though, his dad had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. The surgery itself was radical in it's scope and did serve to alleviate a considerable amount of pain that he had been living with. I am grateful.

Today, we are with all but one of Steve's brothers and sisters. There are 8 siblings total. Dave and his family live in Illinois so they won't be joining us (he's the oldest). Mike and Jennifer just moved back to Southern California after a 10 year stint in Illinois themselves. They have 3 of the most beautiful girls in the world. Steve is third oldest. Richard comes next. He and Leah have 4, 2 girls and 2 boys. Then there's Melanie, still single and enjoying her career as a high school math teacher. My kids love Aunt Melanie - she's the most fun of all! Next is Nathan and Michelle, Julie and Bobby, then the baby Rob and his beautiful wife Amy they belong in a magazine layout for most attractive young couples.

So let's recap: that's seven siblings and 6 spouses; Mike's 3 girls, Steve's 3 kids, Nathan has 2, Julie has 4 - 2 of her own and 2 she's adopted, Grandma and Grandpa, a puppy named Bruiser and a cat that's making himself scarce. If you can tell me how many people that makes, I'll have a special gift for you.... e-mail your answer to 1cottagekeeper@sbcglobal.net and I will send you a special coupon to redeem your prize at the store! By the way, it's fairly quiet at the moment, just my family and Amy and Rob and Grandma and Grandpa...I'll be hunting for something spiked when everyone gets here in a few hours...imagine the noise level!!!

Love to all who read this. I am grateful for your friendship and support. My wish for you today is that you be able to put aside anything that upsets you and that you be able to focus on your family, friends and happy things you have in your life. For these things may we remember to be grateful today and always!! Jen

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Thanksgiving weekend was much better with you guys around. Maybe you should consider Christmas or maybe New Year's??? Thanks for coming and we all look forward to next time. ;)

necrodancer said...

I was not able to fully enjoy the whole week with you guys but it made a great difference to what time I had in town. Thanks for coming down! It all sounds so selfish but I felt like I missed a lot because I wasn't there for a good portion of the week.

Let's do it again!

necrodancer said...

One more thing!! Follow my Blog!

Illifornian said...

Hey, snap out of it. I keep checking and there isn't an update. Come on you can do it. Log on, update, feel better. :)

Unknown said...

You need to post, you need to post, you need to post.....